There have been many federal investments in our riding since October 2015. Here is a review of some of them. There is more to come! Contact my office for inquiries about funding programs currently available from the federal government.
Canada Child Benefit
- Total in Hastings-Lennox & Addington—in October 2016 alone, 9,270 payments were made in our riding for 16,820 children. The average payment was $650 for a total of $5,989,000.
- This happens every month. Our tax-free signature program is lifting kids out of poverty, including in our riding!
Small Communities Fund
- Deseronto—$2,448,333 to renew and upgrade the Deseronto Water Treatment Plant, also serving the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte.
- Marmora—$236,538 to replace a sewage forcemain.
Clean Water and Wastewater Fund
- Total in Hastings-Lennox & Addington: $1,722,691, including:
- Loyalist Township—$925,842 for a storm water system in Bath, watermain relining and storm water upgrading in Amherstview, and water system feasibility studies in Odessa and Amherstview.
- Napanee—$447,983 for upgrades to the Wastewater Pollution Control Plant.
- Bancroft—$131,708 for rehabilitating wastewater collection systems, and a wastewater feasibility study.
- Marmora—$67,158 for rehabilitating sewer and waste water treatment systems.
- Tweed— $50,000 for sewage system upgrades.
- Stirling—$50,000 for feasibility study and design for water systems.
- Stone Mills/L&A County—$50,000 for rehabilitation of a storm sewer in Camden East.
- Bancroft—Bancroft Area Stewardship Council. $67,300 for the “Eagles Nest Project—An Algonquin Story”.
- Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte—$49,500 for “Celebrating 150 Years of Struggle, Strife, and Perseverance Together,”
- Napanee (Lennox and Addington County)—$21,250 for a community Canada 150 celebration event.
- Napanee—Rotary Park Playground. $125,000 to expand the playground.
- Tweed—Eastern Ontario Trails Alliance. $119,347 to improve recreational trails.
- Tweed—the Tweed-Hungerford Community Centre. $118,250 to improve energy efficiency.
- Bancroft—the Village Playhouse. $50,000 to improve kitchen facilities.
- Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte—$18,035 toward flooring for the Tyendinaga Fitness Centre.
Canada 150—Community Foundations
- Bath (The Fairfield-Gutzeit Society)—$5,000 for Bath Tall Ships Festival.
- Napanee (Napanee District Secondary School)—$3,000 for Encircling Indigenous Culture – Honouring the Land Project.
- Bath (Loyalist Township)—$2,500 for the Bath Canada Day Parade.
- Cloyne (Cloyne and District Historical Foundation)—$2,000 for Benny’s Lake Park Community Canada 150 Celebration.
Enabling Accessibility Fund
- Madoc—Centre Hastings Park. $50,000 to pave parking lot, add accessible parking, and an exterior ramp.
- Bancroft—Community Care North Hastings. $10,331 to construct exterior ramp, an accessible washroom, and automatic door openers.
Canada Summer Jobs
This runs each year to help employers create summer job opportunities for students in their community, with applications from non-profits, businesses, and public sector due in January.
Public Transit Infrastructure Fund
- Amherstview—$83,801 to replace a bus and create five new bus shelters.
- Deseronto—$60,000 to replace a bus.
Federal Gas Tax Funding
Each year gas tax funding goes to every municipality to support local infrastructure.
- 2016 Total in Hastings-Lennox & Addington: $2,484,305, including:
- Loyalist Township: $493,170
- Greater Napanee: $471,584
- Stone Mills Township: $229,848
- Municipality of Tweed: $184,152
- Township of Stirling-Rawdon: $151,347
- Municipality of Centre Hastings: $138,122
- Municipality of Hastings Highlands: $126,720
- Township of Tyendinaga: $126,173
- Municipality of Marmora and Lake: $123,863
- Town of Bancroft: $117,964
- Township of Addington Highlands: $76,981
- Township of Madoc: $66,796
- Town of Deseronto: $55,790
- Township of Faraday: $44,632
- Township of Carlow/Mayo: $27,120
- Township of Wollaston: $21,525
- Township of Tudor and Cashel: $17,816
- Township of Limerick: $10,702
- Plus, the City of Belleville (which includes Thurlow Ward in H-LA) received $3,007,118
New Horizons for Seniors
To empower seniors to share their knowledge, skills, and experience with others and support communities by increasing capacity to address local issues.
- 2016 Total in Hastings-Lennox & Addington: $182,024, including:
- Carlow/Mayo—Carlow United Church. $25,000 for improved seniors access.
- Stirling—Stirling Curling Club. $25,000 for equipment for seniors.
- Carlow/Mayo—Little Mississippi Seniors Club. $25,000 for a storage area.
- L’Amable—Shamrock Seniors Club. $24,769 to upgrade facility.
- Bancroft—Bancroft Pentecostal Tabernacle. $24,755 for accessible doors.
- Bancroft—Hospice North Hastings. $16,470 for Village Playhouse Seniors Group.
- Bancroft—Community Care North Hastings. $11,356 for chair yoga program.
- 2017 to be announced this spring!
Canada Book Fund
- Napanee (On the Mark Press/Solski Group Ltd.)—$96,723 for publishing support.
Celebrate Canada Fund
This fund helps communities celebrate Canada Day.
- 2017 Total in Hastings-Lennox & Addington: $22,100, including:
- Bath (Loyalist Township)—$6000 for Bath Canada Day.
- Napanee—$3000 to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday.
- Tamworth—$2700 for Canada Day celebration.
- Centre Hastings—$2,600 for Canada Day Canada 150 celebration.
- Marmora—$2000 for Canada Day celebration..
- Stirling-Rawdon—$2000 for Canada Day celebration.
- Township of Tyendinaga—$1500 for community celebration.
- Tweed—$1200 for Canada Day celebration.
- Tsi Kionhnheht Ne Okwawenna Language Circle—$1100 for Onkwe’hon:we Niwenhnisera:ten 2017
Community Futures Development (CFDC)
Our CFDCs are a very important source of federal funding for local businesses! Read more about our local CFDCs here.
- Madoc—Wideman’s Farm Service. $100,000 to integrate new technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Corbyville—Signal Brewing Company. $100,000 to lead to the creation of 10 new full time jobs.
- Bancroft—Bancroft Family Health Team. $88,000 for technological innovation.
- Napanee—Vi-Lux Building Products. $38,450 for equipment to increase productivity.
- Napanee—Mutch’s Auto Glass. $26,018 to access new markets.
- Napanee—Napanee Beer Company. $25,000 for equipment that will result in jobs creation.
- Bancroft—Old Tin Shed. $14,212 to support an internet-based sales platform.
- Tamworth—Stinson Studios. $10,400 for equipment to increase productivity.
- Napanee—JPLANT. $9,150 for equipment to increase productivity.
- Selby—Mike’s Tire Service. $7,300 for equipment to increase productivity.
- Napanee—Pro-Tech Transportation. $6,958 to increase training options.
- Napanee—Garrow’s Car Care Centre. $5,073 for equipment to increase service.
- Deseronto—Canada Cordage. $5,656 for new product line expansion.
- Hastings County area—Elevate. $30,000 to support providing on the job skills training.
- South Hastings area—Launch Lab. $20,000 for business development.
- And more!